Bc796d and Carver county

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiwrecker1

I redid my banks and added Mcloud county. now I normally listen to Carver sheriff chaska, pd all of the carver fire and State patrol both 2500 squads and 2200 squads and all of the tac channels. Now Mcloud county is working fine but none of the carver stuff is coming in. now if I set my scanner to Id search I can here carver county no problems but in Id scan I get nothing. I am on day 2 of trying to figure this out. I have all 16 channels that the database has listed for carver and I have all the TG listed also. Now when I am in ID search all the info comes up on my display but Id scan is dead

Now when I am in ID search all the info comes up on my display but Id scan is dead
You need to enter the Talk Group ID's you want to hear. Otherwise, in ID Search mode, it lets you hear them all.

Check the database under the Trunk Group heading.

From the manual:
Understanding Banks and Channels
The memory in your scanner is organized into 10 banks of 100 channels each. Each bank
can contain conventional channels as well as 1 trunking system. For each trunking system,
each bank can also store 10 groups of 10 talkgroup ID's (100 per bank).

Ltr Trunking; Understanding Banks And Channels - Uniden BC796D APC0 25 Owner's Manual [Page 15] | ManualsLib

Last edited:

semiwrecker1

I have all of the Talk group Id's listed ( 2700 ) is carver main dispatch and the database shows 852.4375c as the main control channel. I am not hearing any traffic on it. Yet Carver is broadcasting via brodcastify. so I am confused. I think i will erase the memory and start fresh. I am using Proscan and the RR database to get all my infor on freqs and TG ids

citiot

ʇoᴉʇᴉɔ
Premium Subscriber
using SDS100. Carver TG coming through fine here.

Note: Carver and Scott county LE TGs will be fully encrypted soon.

semiwrecker1

I would love to get a sds200 but I think the wife would freak. I think i am figuring out my problem slowly

semiwrecker1

It appears when I add the state patrol TG ids is when my issue comes in. I want to here both the 2500 squads and the 2200 squads as I live 2 miles from the 2200 response area

semiwrecker1

OK so I have not figured it out yet.. I can hear everything I want plus more when I am in Id search but not when in Id scan

stmills

I switched over to search with my unwanted locked out after many years of scanning what I entered only and find after a few days of getting the lockouts right I really like it better.

semiwrecker1

I am not sure how to attach that file in here . It keeps telling me that it was a non valid extension.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Now Mcloud county is working fine
Looking at your file. What version firmware do you have in your scanner? v3_60 added the ability to use rebanded frequencies (851, 852, 853 MHz). Hold 2, 4, and 9 while turning on the scanner to view the firmware version. Do you have scan lists 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 enabled while scanning Bank 1?

semiwrecker1

I have the updated firmware v3.60 and i have banks 1 and 2 going at all times as they are 2 different counties. Bank one is the county I live in , with the tac channels that are used in my area plus the state police talk groups. Bank 2 is the next county over ( 2 miles away) with their talk groups

Status
Not open for further replies.