BC796D Channel Receive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave7933

Something strange has been going on with my BC796D for a while now. There are a few channels that only receive if I am on hold versus scanning. Not sure what caused this or how to fix it. It seems like it is channels that are the first in a sequence and have the Priority symbol. If anyone is aware of this issue and knows how to resolve it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Are you sure you don't have priority plus on. When you the pri button it gives you three options, priority on, plus and off. Plus will only scans priority set channels.

Last edited:

sjlamb

I also believe that you have the "Priority Plus" turned in which means that ONLY those channels marked as Priority Channels will be scanned. Solution: Turn OFF" Priority Plus".

dave7933

I am receiving many other channels than the Priority Channels and it so happens that 2 of the channels not coming in during a scan are marked with a P--they are the 1st channel of the sequence so they default to Priority. When I hit the PRI button there is only On or Off. Not sure what Priority Plus is and how to set it but that does not appear to be the issue. Any other ideas? Thanks.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Just something I wanted to add to my post, there are two pirorities, one for trunk systems and one for conventional. You could have one on and not the other and the trunk one doesn't have the plus.

dave7933

Thanks Kenny. How do I check the other priority to see if it is on plus/to turn it off. I am not familiar with anything other than the PRI button which as I said is on/off.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
As you are scanning, when a trunk system comes up hit the pri button to change priority in the trunk systems. Same with conventional, hit the pri button when conventional channels are scanning. Have to be kind of quick about it unless it happens to stop on a active channel.

dave7933

Steve I did read that page. For some reason even when scanning the Priority button only has two options--on/off. But in any case if Priority Plus was on it would only scan Priority channels and that is not the problem I have anyway. I believe something is wrong with my 796D as it worked fine for years.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.