BC796D Clearing All Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2unk

Hi there,

I'd like to clear-out all of the memory/channels/banks in my BC796D Scanner and nowhere does it say how to in the owners manual, at least from what I can see so far. Does anyone know how this would be done? I'm assuming that maybe there would be a sequence of multiple buttons on the front panel that would all be pressed in at the same time while powering up the unit to clear the memory. Thanks ahead of time if anyone can help me with this!

SCPD

QRT
Hmm, I'm not sure of any way to do it directly from the scanner, but I have my own way of doing it. If you are using a computer program to program it, then you can simply clear the program of all its info, and download that to the scanner. Then you will have a scanner full of nothing :)...I'm sure that there are other ways.

vsny

From WESCT post last July
Quote:
1) turn radio off
2) press and hold three keys 2,9,manual and while
holding those keys in, turn on radio.

this reset works on almost all of the uniden scanners
base/mobile and handhelds.
some radios use the hold key as the manual key

End Quote

found this on a previous post as stated and worked on my 785D and 100XLT with perfect results..

kb2unk

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of the fast feedback and great answers that you have provided for me. I really appreciate it! I'll give the "empty computer program file" a try and the "button code sequences" that you all supplied too. Thanks again to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.