BC796D help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadetklapp

Programming a BC796 for my boss. I'm not familiar at all with Uniden scanners. I've programmed two control channels in bank #1. I've also programmed a few talk groups with IDs. When I hit scan, the display reads

ID SCAN
868.9875 NFM .:iI <----------(signal meter)
List 1 -----------------------

However, I'm not hearing anything. I've got a full signal meter. When I press trunk, I can hear the control channel. When I key up my portable, nothing happens with the scanner. No traffic is coming across. Obviously I'm not doing something right.

ECHO3

Hold down the "trunk" button. It will say something like "ready to scan for trunk ids". Make certain that you programmed all primary and alternate control channels and have cc "on".

kadetklapp

I held down Trunk and got the ready to scan message. What do I do then? I released it and keyed up and nothing happened, still not hearing anything.

What is CC?

Also I programmed all the control channels on the tower site I'm trying to scan into bank one, so they are all there now. I believe there were seven.

Last edited:

Highpockets

I held down Trunk and got the ready to scan message. What do I do then? I released it and keyed up and nothing happened, still not hearing anything.

What is CC?

Also I programmed all the control channels on the tower site I'm trying to scan into bank one, so they are all there now. I believe there were seven.

Using Control Channel Programming​
Your scanner has a powerful feature that lets you program in only the control channels for
Motorola 800 and 900 MHz systems. This can greatly shorten the time it takes to program
system information.​
Hit Menu:
2:SCAN OPTION​
&#8594; 2:TRUNK &#8594; Select the bank &#8594; :CNTRL CH ONLY

For 900 MHz systems, you can then simply turn the feature on or off. For 800 MHz systems,
you need to select the band plan for the system:​
1:pLAN1​
Use if the last three digits of​
all of the frequencies used by the system end in 125,
375, 625, or 875.

2:pLAN2​
Use if the highest frequency used by the system is above 866 MHz and if the last
three digits end in 000, 125, 250, 375, 500, 625, 750, or 875.​
3:pLAN3​
Use if the last three digits of all the frequencies in the system end in 000, 250, 500,
or 750.​
4:pLAN4​
Use if the highest frequency in the system is below 866 MHz and if the last three
digits end in 000, 125, 250, 375, 500, 625, 750, or 875.​
5:OFF​
Select to turn off control channel programming for this bank.

kadetklapp

Ok, Control Channel programming is "on." I'm not hearing anything. It says now-

ID SEARCH
868.9875 NFM
Bank 1---------

Should it be on "NFM" or just on FM?

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Hit SEARCH (when your showing scan and got a control channel)
so your in ID SEARCH try that see what comes up

Either that or program in ALL freq not just the control channel ones

kadetklapp

Hmm, I'm getting a lot of garbled traffic. Nothing is coming in clear. Very broken. The first issue was being on the wrong plan. Now it's just very....broken.

Highpockets

Hmm, I'm getting a lot of garbled traffic. Nothing is coming in clear. Very broken. The first issue was being on the wrong plan. Now it's just very....broken.

The only thing that comes to mind if your not hearing a encrypted talk group, look at the link I posted above, go to page 51 you may have to adjust that setting.

Highpockets

Slowly getting it. It seems I have to adjust the settings on each control channel.

If your talking about the settings on page 51, the way I read it, you hold on one Talk Group (voice) and adjust it, and that should do it, I could be wrong, maybe someone reading this will chime in! I've adjusted my 785 on conventional freq's but never a trunked system.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Actually what it seems to do is when you hold the 9 key during a transmission it will lock onto that voice channel not the talk group. It then tunes on that voice channel. Either way it should work but it would be easier to adjust if it tracked the talk group you are holding on when the 9 key was pressed.

Also the radio will auto tune. After holding the 9 key and you see SOUND QULTY on screen press the priority (PRI) button and it will auto tune. It needs a good solid signal to tune properly. If your singnal is weak do it manually for best results.

Status
Not open for further replies.