BC796D ID Scan Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening everyone!
I'm completely lost and need a little help if one can offer it up? I've used ProScan to program my BC796D and have appropriately created ID Scan Lists and uploaded them on to the scanner. I'm having a lot of trouble isolating each bank and it's scan list so I can actually select or deselect a particular list from being scanned. Every time I attempt to deactivate a scan list or a bank I inadvertently deactivate the opposite (as it's flipping through things quickly).

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I'll take a shot at what I think your asking, You can turn banks on and off at anytime as long as you are currently on a bank that doesn't have a trunk system. You can also turn any bank on or off if your trunk systems are in the search mode and not scan. If currently scanning a trunk bank that is in the scan mode you can turn the talk groups on and off and you do have to be a little fast about it.

So there is no way to pause the scanning process to select/deselect scan lists? All but one bank is programmed for trunking.....

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
You can turn a trunk list on or off while a talk group is talking but it won't show you the list as you are doing it. And pressing hold and then a number won't work either. Hold and pressing two numbers will take you to that talk group. Example, hold 5 1 and hold again will take you to list 5 and talk group in slot 1. Sorry if I am giving more than you asking for, but I don't know of a way of slowing up the scan while list are turned off and on.

JoeyC

This will be long but its essential to understanding the 796.

The selecting and deselecting of lists vs banks in the 796 takes a little patience and creative programming. First you have to understand what state the scanner is in before you start pushing buttons. Having more than one active bank at a time makes things more difficult but not impossible. Make a note of the following: When in ID SCAN, Press the . (dot) key to cycle between LIST mode and BANK mode on the bottom line display. It helps if you ID tag your banks with the bank NUMBER as well as its name to help eliminate confusion of what is in which bank. For instance in bank 1 - I have San Diego PD and I have it labeled 1-San Diego PD. Bank 2 is labeled 2-San Diego FD. When you have the . (dot) in Bank mode and hit SCAN, you will see which banks are active on the 3rd line. (if the systems are active this display will be brief as the scanner locks onto an active talkgroup) Just hit SCAN again and make a note of which banks are active. In order to turn lists on and off within banks and NOT pull your hair out figuring out WHEN to push the buttons, turn off ALL but 1 bank at a time by pushing its associated number key. Once you are scanning only 1 bank you can cycle the . (dot) key to LIST mode and hitting SCAN will show on line 3 which lists in that bank are active. Cycle them on or off as needed by pushing the associated number key. Press SCAN again then . (dot) to turn on the NEXT bank and turn off the one you just worked with. Cycle back to the list mode and do the same. Once you have done each bank you can turn them all on again. This is the surest way to control which lists are on for a particular bank.

You can also do this without turning off all banks, but your fingers and eyesight had better be quick as you must push the number buttons (when in list mode) during the (very) short period of time that the scanner is actively scanning the bank you are toggling lists for.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.