BC796D problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

I have a BC796D into which I programmed a trunking site into Bank 1. Scans with no problem. I put in conventional frequencies into bank 9. No problem there, with the scanner scanning normally back and forth between the two banks. Then I programmed another trunking site into bank 4. The scanner then scans 1 & 4 but skips over bank 9. If I turn off bank 1, it will scan normally banks 4 & 9. I programmed another trunk site into bank 5. The scanner will then only scan between 4 & 5 skipping over banks 1 & 9. If I turn them all on again then turn off only bank 9, it will scan normally between banks 1, 4 & 5. Anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks, Moose

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I have a 796D and it is usually scanning banks 1 & 2 with trunked systems and bank 4 with a conventential channels. I have not noticed your problem happening. What I have noticed is that mine will scan the two trunked banks (banks 1 & 2) 2-3 times and then scan the conventential bank. Mine does this continuously while in scan mode. Do you have the latest firmware in the radio? I know there was a least one update to the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.