BC796D Programing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1956

I programed a Edacs narrow band system into my 796. All frequencies are in lcn order. All talkgroups
were programed correctly. When I try to scan the system it stops what sounds like the control data channel
and displays ID search, no talkgroups appear. I read someone place that you can lock out the data channel
but Edacs systems change the data channel from time to time. The system I'm trying to program is Verona Twp, NJ...

DickH

I programed a Edacs narrow band system into my 796. All frequencies are in lcn order. All talkgroups
were programed correctly. When I try to scan the system it stops what sounds like the control data channel
and displays ID search, no talkgroups appear. I read someone place that you can lock out the data channel
but Edacs systems change the data channel from time to time. The system I'm trying to program is Verona Twp, NJ...

It is not trunking if you are hearing the Control Channel. Did you get the freqs. and LCN from this RR database? If you entered tham as below and the bank and each one is ED, it should work. (I'm guessing the 796 designates ED for an EDACS system).

Channel 01 470.30000
Channel 02 471.70000
Channel 03 471.15000
Channel 04 471.20000
Channel 05 471.75000

If all that is correct, perhaps the database needs to be updated. You might ask about it in the New Jersey forum.

seamusg

Make sure the Bank is set to EDACS Narrow and each channel is set to TRUNK and don't lockout the CC or it won't track.

Status
Not open for further replies.