BC796D Programming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEGA14

I have hooked my 796 to my computer and am trying to copy the data from the scanner to the program provided by Bearcat . I keep getting an error message saying that the model is not the same. It is a 796 and the software is for a 296/796. So what's the problem?

seamusg

MEGA14 said:
I have hooked my 796 to my computer and am trying to copy the data from the scanner to the program provided by Bearcat . I keep getting an error message saying that the model is not the same. It is a 796 and the software is for a 296/796. So what's the problem?
In the SETUP what scanner do you have selected?

MEGA14

BC796D , 57600 bps , COM1.

I'm trying to transfer the frequencies from the 796 to the database so that I can program a BC296D with the same frequencies from the database . I can't get the first transfer to happen.

Last edited:

seamusg

MEGA14 said:
BC796D , 57600 bps , COM1.

I'm trying to transfer the frequencies from the 796 to the database so that I can program a BC296D with the same frequencies from the database . I can't get the first transfer to happen.
If you're getting the message wrong scanner type the setup I wanted you to look at was model. You'll have to change the model type to 296D for it to work. The program sends a SI command (scanner ID) at the begining of the tranfer. It has to get the correct responce. You'll have to change for the scanner type you want to work with- if you want to read from the 796D it hass to be set to 796D and if you want to write to the 296D it has to be set to 296D.

Last edited:

MEGA14

That's exactly what I'm refering to. It is set up exactly that way. The only thing that's different is I have COM1 and you are showing COM2. Everything else is the same.

seamusg

MEGA14 said:
That's exactly what I'm refering to. It is set up exactly that way. The only thing that's different is I have COM1 and you are showing COM2. Everything else is the same.
I'm only showing COM 2 because that's where my 796D is at. To transfer from the 796D to the 296D.
1. set the model to 796D and connect the 796D
2. read from the scanner
3. save the database
4. set the model to 296D and connect the 296D
5. open the database
6. write to the 296D
The SI command that the software sends at the begining of a transfer returns the scanner model, it has to match the model setting or the software will fail.

MEGA14

My 296D has now been programmed. The only thing that appears to be missing is when the scanner is on , under "Bank" the words Toronto Twr appear on the 796 whereas they do not on the 296. The 296 scans perfectly but those words aren't there. Instead : Bank:03 MOT VHI appears instead. No big deal , I'd just like to know how to get that on the 296.

Other than that , I can't seem to save what has been written from the 796. Every time I click "Save" , the "Save as " box appears and I type "opp" ( Ontario Provincial Police) in it to save the info. Once I try to re-open it , it opens in a Firefox window which is utterly useless to me. I don't do this much but I guess I'm supposed to save it to disc to program future scanners. Correct?

tdrop

i want to do u have any trunktracking freqs & codes for montgomery ala thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.