BC796D Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC796D (with digital card) and I haven't been able to figure out how to input a P25 conventional frequency with a NAC. Is that even possible? If so, how do I do that?

In my opinion, when Uniden made this scanner, little did I realize how far ahead they were to have created a TrunkTracker IV even though it's not as advanced, IMO, as the 396XT/996XT.

Thanks, in advance, for the assistance.

Metrofire31
Western North Carolina
WQIT636

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC796D (with digital card) and I haven't been able to figure out how to input a P25 conventional frequency with a NAC. Is that even possible? If so, how do I do that?

The 796 was developed before they thought of doing the NACs. The x96XT models were the first to handle NAC's among the UNiden scanners, so it's a relatively new option.

- Chris

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

This might be something you already know, but just in case. . .

A digital frequency can be programmed into a 796D without a NAC.

For the most part, NACs are to digital channels, what CTCSS is to conventional channels.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for both replies. That certainly makes sense as I went thru the entire menu tree and nowhere could I find a P25 code option. Just one F/U question:

If I simply enter a frequency I know to be P25, I'm guessing I just leave the code option as "NONE". Will it show the frequency to be P25 in any way or do you just have to tell by the way it sounds?

Metrofire31
Western North Carolina
WQIT636

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
You do leave the code option as none. You can tell by the sound but also ''P25'' will flash on the screen where the mode [ am,fm ] is. If it is encrypted ''ENC'' will flash with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.