BC796D Tape out

Status
Not open for further replies.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
Can I have an external speaker plugged into the "Ext Speaker" jack and a tape recorder plugged into the "Tape Out" jack at the same time. I need to record something and I'm not getting any audio out of the "Tape Out" jack.

I know my tape recorder and cable are good because I have no problems recording audio from a different radio.

JoeyC

This doesn't answer your question, but do you have the Record option for the channel/talkgroup set to YES in the programming? I believe you need that set for TAPE OUT to produce audio.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This comes from the manual:

Connecting the Tape Recorder
You can use a standard tape recorder or a VOX (Voice Operated Control) recorder. To connect the recorder to the scanner, connect a cable with a 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) plug from the tape recorder’s remote jack to the TAPE OUT jack on the back of the scanner. (Your local electronics store should carry a wide selection of cables and tape recorders.)
Remember!
• You must mark a channel, ID, talkgroup, or bank for Recording in order for this feature to work.
• This feature does not work if your scanner is set with MUTE ON.
To set the record for the channel.
2:SCAN OPTION → 1:CONVENTIONAL → select the channel number, then press E.
→ 8:RECORD → 1:ON
To set the record for the search.
1:SERVICE OPTION → :CHAIN SEARCH → 6:RECORD → 1:ON
To set the record for talkgroup ID.
2:SCAN OPTION → 2:TRUNK → select the bank, then press E → 3:TALK GROUP
→ select ID LIST, then press E → 3:RECORD → 1:ON
To set the record for ID Searching (see “Searching for Active Talkgroups”),
2:SCAN OPTION → 2:TRUNK -> select the bank, then press E → 5:RECORD →
1:ON

I'd probably leave the external speaker unplugged while I confirmed that recording is being done as desired. Then, while a recording is in progress, I'd connect the external speaker to see if the recording continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.