BC796D Thats Odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb0nly

Anyone know what would cause the 796 when programmed for trunking to constant flash between NFM and DAT on the display?

I went here..

BC796DFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

And got the firmware update and programmed in one bank, control channel only, for the Russell ARMER tower here in MN.

The only thing i wasnt sure on was if i needed to put in all the frequencies for the site or just do control channel only but then others recommended control channel only so i don't know.

Anyway i have a solid full scale signal and its in ID Search and shows the frequency 858.4375 and then the flashing NFM/DAT behind it.

What made me think is i never see that behavior on my 785 listening to the SD statewide system.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why but if it's any comfort my 296 did it too. Manual says DAT indicates Control Channel Data and NFM is Recieving Mode. So I always just interpreted it as using a flashing mode to tell you that the CC Data is being recieved in NFM Mode.

K

kb0nly

Not sure why but if it's any comfort my 296 did it too. Manual says DAT indicates Control Channel Data and NFM is Recieving Mode. So I always just interpreted it as using a flashing mode to tell you that the CC Data is being recieved in NFM Mode.

Yeah it seems to be normal.. It has been receiving talkgroups on there and its working so nothing to worry about i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.