BC796D Trunking (Morgan Co)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjk5146

I have a BC796D scanner which I am trying to program using Proscan. The software is connected and communicating with the scanner. However, I have not been successful getting Morgan Co or SP 53 working. I am wondering if anyone on the group has a working ProScan file for Morgan Co. If not, perhaps someone could give me a few pointers on getting one of the systems working with a couple of the talk groups.

Thanks,

Fred

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a BC796D scanner which I am trying to program using Proscan. The software is connected and communicating with the scanner. However, I have not been successful getting Morgan Co or SP 53 working. I am wondering if anyone on the group has a working ProScan file for Morgan Co. If not, perhaps someone could give me a few pointers on getting one of the systems working with a couple of the talk groups.

Thanks,

Fred

Morgan Co is a conventional system so if you are close enogh to the antenna tower, you should get signals.

If it's a trunking system you are trying to pickup:
Are the frequency channels marked as "Trunk". Check that the trunking type is correct in the Trunk Bank Settings" tab.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Bob, Morgan County is using Indiana Project SAFE-T which is a Motorola Smartzone Omnilink system that uses APCO P25 air interface for the digital talkgroups. I don't have any experience with a BC796D, so I can't add anything else.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, Morgan County is using Indiana Project SAFE-T which is a Motorola Smartzone Omnilink system that uses APCO P25 air interface for the digital talkgroups. I don't have any experience with a BC796D, so I can't add anything else.

Thanks, I just tested it and looks like it imported correctly with the trunking type set to Motorola Type 2 / P25 800.

fjk5146

Thanks for the help. I ended up wiping the scanner clean and then using ProScan to load a single bank with the Morgan County Trunked system. I am now receiving calls from around the county. I am not sure what was wrong before, but all seems to be working OK. I now need to spend some more time learning ProScan and then use it to organize my talk groups and to add a couple more trunked systems.

Thanks again,

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.