Bc796d

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1956

Just purchased a BC796D. I cleared the memory back to factory settings. In programing the scanner I notice
"P" at the top of the display on bank when its on hold. I take it that means priority, however I did'nt set this
option. I made sure that its off it happens only on each bank channel one. Unless somehow there's a priority setting for each bank. Other than that scanner works perfectly

captclint

Mentor
Just purchased a BC796D. I cleared the memory back to factory settings. In programing the scanner I notice
"P" at the top of the display on bank when its on hold. I take it that means priority, however I did'nt set this
option. I made sure that its off it happens only on each bank channel one. Unless somehow there's a priority setting for each bank. Other than that scanner works perfectly
The default setting is the 1st channel in each bank. As you said, you should only see the P on the 1st channels in each bank. If it is on all the time while scanning, then you have priority plus on. The key is if the audio is interrupted every 2 second when listening to a conversation. Just hit the PRI once and then twice to see how this works. If you don't want 1st channel in each bank to be the priority, see page 40 of your manual.

Last edited:

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
If you have a trunked system programed the P will appear when the priority talkgroup comes up even if it is on or not. The priority works independent of trunked and conventional on the 796 D

Status
Not open for further replies.