Bc800xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauthier11

I own a BC800XLT, havent used it in quite awhile. The otherday my son in law asked if he could start using it. Pulled it out of the attic and programmed it. All seemed to go well beside the slightly dim display. When all was said and done we hit scan and it did not start scanning. Everytime you hit the scan button it goes in two's ie: channel 2,4,6,8,10 and so on. Any one have any ideas?

elephant

800xlt

If you have a dim display on the 800XLT, then you have a power supply problem. The low voltage is going to do some weird stuff. Mine refuses to scan. Usually, the problem is C112 a 2200 microfarad electrolytic cap that goes bad.

I have a PDF file that has all the schematics and parts layouts along with what the voltages should be. I can e-mail it to you if you'd like. It's one megabyte in size.

mooose2

Before stripping it down, check the settings , there is a facility to change your display screen, from bright to dim

regards

wt1986

uniden 800xlt no display

i have this scanner the display went can anyone help

Last edited:

wmbio

C98 a 33uf/35vdc cap is historically the cause of the display loss. The cap sits next to the T1 transformer and couples the output from IC7 into the tripler circuit transformer. TP-6 should read + 23.6 volts.

Any loss of the odd ball voltages from the tripler or the power supply can cause no display or funky scanning as described above. I have also seen several bad display chips that just died.
Last..do not forget to use fresh memory batteries, this can contribute to many problems.

enjoy
Wmbio

k5jxl

Subject: RadioReference.com User Account Activation Email
From: RadioReference Support (support@radioreference.com)
To: k5jxl@yahoo.com;
Date: Monday, March 19, 2012 3:31 PM

RadioReference.com

Dear k5jxl (k5jxl@yahoo.com)

Welcome to RadioReference.com. Please note that your account will not be activated until you click the link below:

Elephant101
If you still have the bc800 pdf, is it possible that you can send me a copy at:
k5jxl@yahoo.com
I have a BC800xlt in need of of information to do repair.
Thanks
73 Ken

Sincerely,

The RadioReference.com Admin Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.