BC898T firmware question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Hi,

I recently bought a BC898T, and I want to update the firmware on it.

I want to update it due to the CTCSS problems, but not to reband it. Which version of the upgrade should I do?

If I do the rebanding, will my Undien software not work? It says it dont support rebanding. And I just bought it 3 days ago.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think that the firmware updates are cumulative - so if you get the latest firmware you should get the PL fix along with rebanding. Don't worry about getting the two together - if you don't set up the bank for a custom reband, it's not going to affect it.

According to the Uniden TWiki, there's only 1 firmware version out there...

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC898TFirmwareUpdate

If you're using the Uniden software, I assume that if you don't have to reband, it should still work as it does. Although ARC898 and Scan Control are probably better choices (and both support rebanding...I think...)

73 Mike

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

is this an old bc898t or a new one ?. the reason i ask is because it was my understanding that the newer version of the 898t addressed the dcs trouble's <?>.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
ka3jjz - thanks for the info. i am using the uniden software, i had to buy the upgrade key from uniden.
I heard bout the other software after i bought it, lol.
I prob hold off on the firmware, just to be safe.

pdfdems286 - I bought it off craigslist, and it looks brand new. The back of the scanner says 2004. But you cant tell its 5 years old, it looks like it just came out of the box!

Status
Not open for further replies.