BC898T Rebanding and Trunking issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj5

I was curious if anyone has programmed the Uniden BC898T for Orange County's rebanded trunked system? I have been trying to get it to work but seems I only get conventional frequencies, no ID's when I scan, and often times I get control channel noise even when in trunk scan. I have downloaded and installed Uniden's firmware upgrade to the scanner and have set the bank that has the OC frequencies as E2-Cus with the default rebanding tables programmed in as well as spacing and offset settings, but still no luck. Can anyone offer me a walk through on how to set this up correctly?

bearharley

Premium Subscriber
BC898T Rebanding

Having same issue in Tarrant County, Texas after rebanding. Tried everything. It's as if the scanner can no longer recognize the control channel. Does anyone have a solution?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The obvious question here is can you hear the control channel clearly? If it's noisy, it's not going to trunk reliably, if at all...

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

bearharley

Premium Subscriber
BC898T Rebanding - Fixed

Mike thanks for the response but I had done the programming already (Plans 1 and 2). Uniden recommended turning off the CC feature after reprogramming. I completely wiped out the configuration, reprogrammed and it appears to be working fine now. Again, thanks for the hints and feedback. Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.