Bc92xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mig192837465

I was thinking of buying the Uniden BC92XLT mainly for the purpose of listening to the NYPD bands and i was wondering if it would be a good scanner for that purpose and if so would i just be able to get certain precincts in the area or will i be able to get farther precincts also? Thank you for any help.

n4yek

Get yourself a Uniden BC246T, BR330T, or Radio Shack Pro-97, they have CTCSS decode that you will greatly appreciate once you start monitoring in town.
It is also capable of Trunk Tracking which alot of systems in that area are.

Last edited:

n2mdk

The BC92XLT will work for you in NYC if all you want is the basic NYPD, FDNY EMS frequencies. I would take a walk over to RS and see if they have one of the Pro-84 radios in stock it will do what the 92 does and save you money http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...productId=2180625&support=support&tab=summary

As n4yek has said a trunking scanner will get you more to listen to thing is depending upon where you are in the metro area the Pro-97 because of it's sensitivity might have some problems in the area with intermod and overload.
You should be able to get almost any on the Pcts in NYC from most places the further away ones might be somewhat scratchy.

Last edited:

EG

I thought that was a great deal but bc92 has close call I dont see Signal Stalker on that RS Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.