BC956D in Raymondville, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

1puf

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking of purchasing a BC 956D scanner.. I will be using it in Raymondville, Tx Willacy county.. They have gone to scrambled freq. This scanner has the apco 25 card, I would like to make sure it will work on the freq of R'vill and Willacy Co. Tx.. HELP!! Bill

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Post moved to its own thread.

Bill, in the future, please start a new thread if your post has nothing to do with a thread already started.

You might also want to check out the model # you posted. I've never heard of a BC956D.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by scrambled frequency? If you mean encrypted then you won't be able to monitor them, there isn't a scanner made that will work on encrypted frequencies. According to the database Raymondville has moved to a P25 trunked system and is NOT encrypted.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
None of the talk groups are encrypted. They are just P25 digital. Any digital scanner should work fine. BC956D, however, will not work, as, as Mike mentioned, no such scanner exists.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Sorry, should be BC796D.
You're looking at this system:
Lower Rio Grande Valley Regional Radio System (LRGVRRS) Trunking System, Varies, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

As already noted, most of the Willacy County talkgroups are not encrypted. The one exception in the database is for Willacy County SO. There is a talkgroup showing for Willacy Co. Sheriff Ch. 16 that is marked as encrypted. All the others are simply digital, so the BC796D would work, presuming it does have a working digital card.

However, for neighboring Hidalgo County, several of the sites in that county, on this same system, use 700MHz frequencies. If Hidalgo County is also of interest, then the 796D will not work. It cannot receive and trunk track frequencies in that band. If you also wish to have the option of monitoring that county, you would need to move to the next model, the BCD996T, or the handheld BCD396T.

Status
Not open for further replies.