Bc95xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmch

Hi everyone,

So, the main squeeze bought me this scanner so I can listen and do my unofficial PIO stuff. However, the scanner is all over the place and I want Fire/EMS only. My agency uses a trunked 800 system with talk groups, which are listed on my agencies page on Radio Reference. Here's my question, is it possible to program (and how would I do it ) the talk groups in my scanner, or will I have to buy a new scanner. I've read the instructions , but didn't see any mention of talk groups...so that might answer my own question. Thanks in advance.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You didn't say where you are (county/state is fine), so it's hard to give a definitive answer; however the 95 isn't a trunktracker, but you will likely still be able to hear the fire calls dispatched - usually on a conventional VHF or UHF frequency

Where you are and what system(s) you want to hear will determine whether a realtivley inexpensive analog trunktracker will do the job, or a much more expensive digital trunktracker. More information needed....best regards....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.