BC95XLTB Listen to trunked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to scanning and I am looking to purchase the BC95XLTB but I am concerned that I won't be able to pick up law enforcement frequencies in Colorado because they are trunked. If I purchase this scanner will I be able to hear frequencies still?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Why do you need a NASCAR scanner in Colorado? Why not choose one of the many models that will actually monitor the DTRS system.

Jim<

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Welcome to RR, Avsrthegreatst! What agency or agencies are you trying to listen to so that we can point you toward the right model of scanner?

I am looking to listen to agencies in Boulder county (Longmont PD, University of Colorado PD, Possibly Boulder County Sheriffs). Any suggestions?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Ah, you are in luck. For now, most of the agencies in Boulder County use VHF conventional:

Boulder County, Colorado (CO) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

But Longmont is making the transition to DTRS soon, and from what I have been seeing here on the board, Boulder County may be on its' way as well. I haven't heard anything or seen any indication that the City of Boulder will move to DTRS anytime soon. So you'll be in good shape for a while with that radio, but sooner than later you'll need to invest in a digital trunking scanner as some of the agencies move off of VHF conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.