• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BC996 for $425?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Moved to The Tavern...Did you read his feedback before buying? I sure hope you get yours...I would be a little worried if I were you.. as that is cheaper than what most retailers pay for them. Good luck, let us know how it turns out...

n4voxgill

Silent Key
KC2GVX said:
The seller I purchased my 996 from seems to have another on E bay for $425. I am still waiting for mine, but the guy seems honest and willing to make things work. Mine will be here Monday or Wednesday. I am not associated with this seller, just passing on the link for another fellow RR person to get a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uniden-BCD996T-Mobile-Scanner_W0QQitemZ120004220269QQihZ002QQcategoryZ40980QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Did you receive a tracing number and does your shipment come up when you track it?

indepmo

Did you read his 3 Neg. feedbacks?

SOLD ITEM BEFORE HE POSSESSED IT THEN SAID IT WAS NOT AVAILABLE BAD BUSINESS
Buyer mike982 ( 64) Jun-20-06 13:30 9740415663
Reply by instg8r62: Money was refunded to buyer, not my fault, sorry he felt necessary to do this. Jun-20-06 13:42
Follow-up by mike982: Thank you for refund! But is your fault, YOU must! have item before you sell it

Notified me 10 days after auction that he could not send item. BAD BUSINESS!!!!!
Buyer jonnybb1 ( 168) Jun-20-06 18:02 9738190213
Reply by instg8r62: Refunded his money, not my fault, not sure why buyer felt necessary to do this.

SOLD ITEM HE DID NOT HAVE, THEN HAD TO REFUND MY MONEY, BAD BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!
Buyer jralheff ( 1 ) Jun-20-06 23:27 9742219543
Reply by instg8r62: Item was to be drop shipped directly, not my problem, others drop ship items too

jparks29

the guy lives bout an hour from me... and his auctions now list the scanner at about 550 now....

nexus

I noticed that most of his POSITIVE feedbacks were that of a BUYER. So he seems to be pretty good when he's BUYING something on an auction, but his "SELLING" comments aren't that great... I'd never bid on one of his auctions no matter what the price of his scanner.

safetyobc

KC2GVX said:
The seller I purchased my 996 from seems to have another on E bay for $425. I am still waiting for mine, but the guy seems honest and willing to make things work. Mine will be here Monday or Wednesday. I am not associated with this seller, just passing on the link for another fellow RR person to get a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Uniden-BCD996T-Mobile-Scanner_W0QQitemZ120004220269QQihZ002QQcategoryZ40980QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Is it there today? I am curious to see if you got the scanner, or if you got ripped off. I honestly hope you didn't get ripped off, but it seems odd this guy is selling them below invoice cost of this scanner. Why would he buy these scanners and sell them at a loss? It just doesn't make sense.

I would never have the guts to buy from him. I hope you get your scanner.

matt

SCPD

Did anyone else notice that all the negative feedbacks dealt with scanners? He did not even have the scanners when he sold them.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Well, I did not receive my scanner as of yet. I got a full refund though. The guy is blaming it on his shipper. The important thing is that I didn't lose a dime. Looks like no 996 for me until I can find one for that price from someone a little more reputable.

SCPD

KC2GVX said:
Well, I did not receive my scanner as of yet. I got a full refund though. The guy is blaming it on his shipper. The important thing is that I didn't lose a dime. Looks like no 996 for me until I can find one for that price from someone a little more reputable.
It wasn't his shipper that is BS. The guy probably didn't have it on hand. Look the negative feedbacks. They ALL involve scanners and him not having them or his shipper screwed up. That guy needs to be kicked off of EBAY.

I hope you reported him to EBAY and left negative feedback.

Sorry that you didn't get your scanner. Now bite the bullet and get one from a reputable seller. It is worth it.

safetyobc

KC2GVX said:
You aren't going to find one at that price new! Spend the few extra bucks and get one from a reputable dealer like Glenn at ScannersUnlimited.com or usascan.com. At least when you place the order, you are almost certain (barring any shipping problems) you'll get it in less than a week.

I personally have a hard time buying something that costs that amount from ebay. Especially seeing how the new product from reputable dealers is than $100 more. Just my thoughts.

Good luck.

matt

KC2GVX said:
Sounds to me he didn't realize what he had until after the auction you bid on closed. Then it was time to scramble to make up an excuse to hedge against bad feedback so he didn't lose a bunch of cash on what he could have sold it for.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Ad me to the list of folks screwed by this guy. When I won the bid(for $425) he didn't have any bad feedback, but that quickly changed in the following days. I never got the radio, and PayPal only refunded $200 LESS a $25 SERVICE CHARGE, so I am out over $250 on this deal. Be aware that eBay/PayPal does not necessarily refund your full amount on a deal gone bad. This seller was not verified by PayPal, and therefore PP was not liable for more than $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.