BC996T & Collier Co FL Expert Needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixieboyfl

Well I made the plunge and bought a new BC996T. Spent several hours programming it fresh using ScanControl Software.

Everything works perfectly other than the Collier County, FL EDACS System. I can't get this scanner to hear it at all. I think I have tried about every possible combination on the programming list and still nothing. I tried both wide and narrow band, still nothing.

Collier is the only EDACS system around and the 996T works perfectly on every other county's system within range; Lee, Charlotte, and Hendry. I hear most anything from Collier County on Conventional Freqs but EDACS is silent.

I'm using a Discone for now and did not have any problem with Collier EDACS on my BC898T using this antenna. In fact, if I turn down the squelch on my 898T, it picks up Collier EDACS with just a short 800 mhz antenna sitting on top of my desk.

What am I doing wrong ???

Thanks, Dixieboyfl

dixieboyfl

BC996T EDACS now working............

Thanks to all who responded and your suggestions and recommendations.

I found somewhere in the communications between the ScanControl and the 996T there was an error in placing the EDACS freqs.

So, I made a new group, re-entered the freqs in the correct order, and manually set the LCN locations in the software and it worked the first time.

Thanks Again and I hope this helps others that may have a similar issue.

Mike - FL

Status
Not open for further replies.