Bcd-396t cuting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

I have uniden bcd-396t and seems to be on one freq it cuts out or drops out there the units talk on that freqs any ideas what may be causing it. The scanner as new firmware up grade??

thanks

delta_p

mdulrich said:
Priority, weather, or close call is turned on.

Mike

I can't get mine to do that on just one frequency when those are turned on.

PP

ocguard

When I listen to 462.975 with a PL of 186.2, and the dispatcher sends paging tones, the scanner sometimes cuts out. I relate it to the PL tone and the paging tone messing with one another, causing the scanner to think it's hearing a different PL, thereby muting the audio.

If you are using a PL, try dropping the PL and see if it works better in CSQ. Unfortunately, I can't really do that because there are three other counties nearby using the same freq with different PLs. My scanner would never shut up if I used it in CSQ.

Hope this helps.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
ocguard: Your issue might be related to Data Skip. The solid tone can be mistaken for a data carrier (which will make the scanner blank the audio and resume scanning).

The OP sounds like he might have Close Call, Channel Priority or WX Priority turned on. A better description of the problem might yield better suggestions (i.e. is the cutout in a regular pattern like every 2 or 5 seconds, is it random, etc).

Baker845

it was cuting out every 2 seconds i look at close call, ch priority and wx priority and evey thing was off but WX priority its been turned off so i think it might stop havent had any traffic on the freq since Sunday so this weekend i see if its stop. I also have cut out on local AMB freqs when they do tone out it as DCS tone but doesnt cut out on any of the freqs that have PLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.