BCD 396t help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jggearhead

The speaker on my 396 has stopped working. I have to use this junky external speaker with it now. Who's the best person to contact to have them fix the issue? I'm sure i will need to send it out. Thanks in advance!!!!!

jclarkr6

Uniden Repair Department: 1.800.235.3874 (M-F, 8-11:30/ 12:30-5 CST; Sat. & Sunday CLOSED)

Or I guess you could try to fill out an online repair form here: Uniden - Online Repair Form

I'm not sure which would be the best route to go. Personally, I would call the Repair Department because I would rather talk to a real person about the repair instead of just filling out a form about it, but that's just me. Regardless of which route you decide to go, I hope Uniden is able to fix the speaker on your BCD396T. Good luck!

jggearhead

So i ordered my new speaker!!! thanks for the help. I opened the scanner i do not see a plug i will have to sodier the wires. Any tricks to getting the speaker out of the front case is it just a press fit?

wmm1200

My mistake, I guess maybe I did solder it, it was a while ago. As far as the speaker, I'm pretty sure I just pulled with needlenose pliers and pried it out w/ jeweler's screwdriver. There was really no risk of damaging an already broken speaker. Good luck.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.