BCD-396T Mysterious Freqs on Close Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperAce

Hey Guys, could somebody help me identify these frequencies that I manage to catch on my 396's "Close Call" Feature on the daily basis, my problem is I cannot identify them and they don't pull-up any "Hits" using the FCC "Search by State, County, Frequency" nor do they have a "CTCSS". I am in "Wayne County"

155.3150 [this is the only freq with a CTCSS 127Mhz] it isn't listed on the FCC Site.MT.Olive PD is 155.3100 CTCSS 127Mhz but isn't listed anywhere :-[

Thanks!

SniperAce

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
127 HTz CTCSS maybe but not MHz!

So maybe you have some active frequencies that are not licensed (!) or are licensed in a nearby county?

Can you identify the traffic as business, public safety, etc...

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
The standard CTCSS tone is 127.3 Hz. The RF frequencies listed are off the standard bandplan by 5 kHz which may be why no FCC hits were found.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you set the step size in close call options. Or make sure its on Auto/12.5kHz (not sure what step sizes you guys use in that band).

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Napalm said:
Make sure you set the step size in close call options. Or make sure its on Auto/12.5kHz (not sure what step sizes you guys use in that band).

True, it could be that you are on the edge of the frequency capture and the actual frequency is of a few KHz. If you search the range that the frequency is in it may return a valid FCC entry.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I did a search between 156.03 and 156.05 for Michigan and there are 5 pages of hits (most of them 156.045).

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
UPMan said:
I did a search between 156.03 and 156.05 for Michigan and there are 5 pages of hits (most of them 156.045).

You could narrow it down a bit to your county or city, but you'll most likely have several id's to check out.

SniperAce

Umm how many brands of scanners have the "Close Call" feature ? When I need directory assistance I'll look you up..Thanks!

Gilligan said:
This post belongs in your state's forums, not in the Uniden Scanner forum.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Directory Assistance:

SniperAce said:
Umm how many brands of scanners have the "Close Call" feature ? When I need directory assistance I'll look you up..Thanks!

As you are in need of directory assistance:

SniperAce said:
Hey Guys, could somebody help me identify these frequencies that I manage to catch on my 396's "Close Call" Feature...

General Scanning Forum: "Location specific posts should be directed to the regional forums listed below."

Uniden Scanners: A forum for the discussion of all Uniden scanning radios and receivers.

North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum: Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of North Carolina.

The finding of frequencies with Close Call only implies that they are probably pretty close to your location at the time they are received. They have NOTHING to do with Close Call functionality or Uniden scanners. By the way, other scanners have similar functionality and it's called Signal Stalker. The reason why I made my comment in the first place was to direct you to the appropriate forum. The problem with posting in incorrect forums is that it clutters them up and makes it difficult to find the information where it is supposed to be. It's also harder for you to find help because the people who live in your area are looking in your state forum. I'm not trying to start an argument, but merely making a point to better the forums. Since you decided to make your smart alec comment on here, I decided to respond to it here as well.

Last edited:

cristisphoto

Try the FCC Uls...

IF you are still lookin then I shall link ASAP

Anyhows,
thats the FIRST place I check
OH and the Allocated band
IE, FRS.Gmrs,Marine AIR gov etc....
HAm et....

Crista:cool:

SniperAce

As always Gilligan, I always told you that your chances of banging "Lovey" was when when you used a "PM'" you know our boy "Thirston" ain't gonna t put-up with this Homosapian my stick is bigger then your stick mentality, "Lovey likes it Smoooooooooth!

Gilligan said:
As you are in need of directory assistance:

General Scanning Forum: "Location specific posts should be directed to the regional forums listed below."

Uniden Scanners: A forum for the discussion of all Uniden scanning radios and receivers.

North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum: Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of North Carolina.

The finding of frequencies with Close Call only implies that they are probably pretty close to your location at the time they are received. They have NOTHING to do with Close Call functionality or Uniden scanners. By the way, other scanners have similar functionality and it's called Signal Stalker. The reason why I made my comment in the first place was to direct you to the appropriate forum. The problem with posting in incorrect forums is that it clutters them up and makes it difficult to find the information where it is supposed to be. It's also harder for you to find help because the people who live in your area are looking in your state forum. I'm not trying to start an argument, but merely making a point to better the forums. Since you decided to make your smart alec comment on here, I decided to respond to it here as well.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I was going to move this to the appropriate state forum; however since SniperAce has decided that he would rather start an argument than get information, I am closing this.

This site has many many users, and when someone has posted improperly (as SniperAce did) we (the staff) would appreciate it if you just ignored the post. Information about frequencies in a local area belong in a regional forum, not here in the Uniden forum.

Gilligan, it would have been better (in hindsight I am sure will agree) to just have reported the post as being improperly posted than to comment on it.

SniperAce, please take a moment to read Etiquette and the Forums, it is something you should have read and heeded a long time ago.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.