BCD 396XT Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks for the info. Is the Diamond good antenna over the stock one thats on the 396XT?

I have used the Diamond RH77CA (BNC) and the Diamond SRH77CA (SMA).

I prefer using the BNC version simply because the SMA version doesn't hit bottom when you screw it on, so it leaves a slight gap. Purely cosmetic, but OCD kicks in, and it has to be correct.

Both Diamond models perform exceptionally well for my usage (VHF / UHF / 800mhz) scanning.

[Edit] I realized I didn't really answer your question: Over the stock antenna, there is a significant gain in performance.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
That's a cheap Chinese knockoff of the Diamond SRH77CA

But I see on the eBay listing that it's made in Taiwan, so it's made by the good Chinese, not the bad Communist Chinese. :D

I have a couple of "knockoffs" of the Diamond SRH77, and although I don't actually have a Diamond SRH77 to compare them to, they still work better than the stock antennas that came with all of my handheld scanners (especially the HP-1).

:)

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Anything is always better

Ok thanks for the info. Is the Diamond good antenna over the stock one thats on the 396XT?

than stock antennas. ;)

I have the Diamond RH77CA and the RS 800 model. They both work great.

So, with "cosmetics" in mind, it depends on whether you want a short or long duck on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.