BCD 396XT Assistance needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntewsr

I recently purchased a Uniden BCD 396XT APCO 25 Trunktracker IV Scanner and am totally overwhelmed with trying to get it up and running. I am looking to program AAFD and AAPD to start, in addition to their respective trunking channels. So, I am looking for suggestions as to where to or where I can take this in my area (Pasadena) to accomplish this task. Thank you.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Let's start with a few things...go up to the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad and float your mouse over Wiki then select Wiki Home On the resulting page, there's a section called Links for Newcomers I would read these topics, paying particular attention to the trunking links as well as the Connecting scanners via USB article. That article discusses the various USB cables known to work with Uniden scanners, installing and checking drivers. This is very important - PCs these days don't have serial ports, so this is the way you need to go.

Down further in the Popular Topics area on the right, you will see the Uniden DMA FAQ link. As the name implies, it's a FAQ of most all the common questions about Dynamic Memory Allocation - the kind of memory organization these new Uniden scanners utilize. Read the first 2 topics linked there, and bookmark this article for future reference.

AA county is one of the easiest to get programmed; do yourself a favor, download and install FreeScan . I can send you a file that will work just fine. It has a lot more than just AA county in it, but you can edit it down for what you want. Send me an email at ka3jjz at verizon dot net and I'll take care of it.

I would also keep this article handy - it contains many useful links (all blue text are links) for the 396XT...

BCD396XT- the RR Wiki

73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.