BCD 396xt Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

08GMC4X4

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I was thinking. Wouldn't it be great if Uniden or another company casted a mold for a slim rubber case for the 396xt just like the jell/rubber cell phone skins. I currently have the nylon case with the plastic over the screen I purchased from uniden. It does the job but adds so much bulk to the radio. If anyone knows of any cases besides the generic nylon and leather ones I have found out there please let me know

LSEMT219

I don't think there are any. I've looked for different types of cases for mine and can't find any. I'd use a nylon one, but they don't make them with a swivel clip. Only for the leather.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
This will probably jinx my luck, but here goes....
I have accidentally dropped my bcd396xt twice from waist level, once from chest height and once from above my head. All drops were onto concrete, asphalt and one (the above the head one!) onto terrazo.
It is really a tough radio.
Having said that, I'd love to get a gell rubber case for it too.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That's a really good idea, the only problem being the size of the market compared to cell phones/PDA/MP3 players. Still maybe someone will tackle the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.