BCD 396XT help downloading programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectr17

Got a new 396XT and scanner literate. Used the Butel to program before to load an older Uniden. What are the gotchas for this scanner. With the other free software work instead of buying the Butel? Got the demo Butel loaded now.

Looking to load LA, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego mostly.

Thanks

TDD326

Premium Subscriber
Got a new 396XT and scanner literate. Used the Butel to program before to load an older Uniden. What are the gotchas for this scanner. With the other free software work instead of buying the Butel? Got the demo Butel loaded now.

Thanks

I use freescan and it seems to work well for me :)

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun

Thanks

Yes use Freescan since you are already a RR Premium Subscriber which allows you to access the RR Data Base. There are other programs which many say are better but might as well start off with FS first.

jclarkr6

I mainly program everything by hand but when I've opted to use software, I have always used Freescan. Freescan works great for programming a scanner, especially if you are a premium subscriber (which you are). Freescan also has a tool called EZ Grab that allows anybody, including non-premium subscribers, to easily retrieve data from the RR database. The bottom line is that Freescan is great software regardless of what type of RR membership you have.

W2PMX

I've used UASD and Butel, but since Freescan came out that's all I use for my Unidens. Price is right, the author is very available (both here and on his forum) and the program works very well. (And is easy to use.)

wjay

How do you download the freescan software? I have a 396t and am new to programming via computer. ny help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Redneck0410

Thanks

I think I've still got an LA file for FreeScan which will get you started, lemme see if I can dig it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.