BCD 396XT Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHU21

Ok just opened my Unide BCD 296XT, and need basic help.
First ? I turned on without the antenna so it did it first preload search and it displays only 3 Seattle Washington Freq's??? Nothing from NJ where I live? 1st question how do I reset my device so it does it first preload search again??

Second question I just want to listen to the Florham Park, NJ frequency for today? How do I just punch in conventional freq and listen?

I downloaded FreeScan connected device, where do I download software to upload to device, do I have to pay for through Radio Ref?

Thanks!

SHU21

Ok I was able to rest the scanner, added the freq as a group. But how do I just listen to that one set

bmcmurphy

I have a 346XT, not a 396XT, but I think it works the same. What I do is assign quick keys to all the systems. Systems can then be enabled/disabled with a single key by pressing the number corresponding to the quick key that you want. Does that help?

Cheers

rvictor

Ok just opened my Unide BCD 296XT, and need basic help.
First ? I turned on without the antenna so it did it first preload search and it displays only 3 Seattle Washington Freq's??? Nothing from NJ where I live? 1st question how do I reset my device so it does it first preload search again??

Second question I just want to listen to the Florham Park, NJ frequency for today? How do I just punch in conventional freq and listen?

I downloaded FreeScan connected device, where do I download software to upload to device, do I have to pay for through Radio Ref?

Thanks!

First, there is no preload search. The scanner comes with some systems preprogrammed to get users started. They may or may not be of any use to you based on where you are and what you want to listen to. You will find a list of them and instructions as to how to turn them on and off located at:

UsingPreloadedSystems < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

If you have a premium subscription to RadioReference, you can use FreeScan to download the frequencies from the database to your computer. FreeScan will then transfer those to your scanner. Once you've got the ones you want entered, you can control them using System/Site Quick Keys.

Dick

BILL2021

Premium Subscriber
delete preloaded systems

Sorry, but i have to ask. Can I delete these from
my scanner. [instead of turning them off]

Thsi is a great website!

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
You can delete everything from the scanner by doing a reset... (Press HOLD 2 & 9.... and hold all 3 while turning the unit on. It will ask to reload the preprogrammed say no)
NOTE THIS DELETED ANY FREQ YOU ADDED OR SETTINGS YOU CHANGED...

So as the previous poster mentioned if you added anything save it in FREESCAN first or use freescan to delete the unwanted stuff.

Sorry, but i have to ask. Can I delete these from
my scanner. [instead of turning them off]

Thsi is a great website!

BILL2021

Premium Subscriber
Thank You for this tip. After deleting the preloaded groups,
i had 500 channels loaded within 30 minutes. Still have a
lot to learn. But, "the light" came on.

rvictor

If you ever want the preprogrammed systems back you can do a reset and answer "Yes". They are all still stored in the scanner. You will, of course, lose your programmed stuff if you were to do that.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.