BCD 436/536 Digital AGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

an39511

Does this function work yet? I have tried using it to normalize loud and soft audio on simulcast P25 systems but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there anyone out there that has gotten it to work? If so can you make a post on how you have yours setup. Thanks.

an39511

You are better off using the single channel volume offset
You have to hold it on a channel and press function and then 0(lvl)
That won't work for me because on the same channel the dispatcher volume is is very low and the cars are really loud. Oh well, thanks anyway.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have never noticed any difference using AGC on any scanner I ever had with that feature. Just like attenuation I have never used it.

It seems that digital is affected more by the user's voice level than analog is.

budevans

Does this function work yet? I have tried using it to normalize loud and soft audio on simulcast P25 systems but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there anyone out there that has gotten it to work? If so can you make a post on how you have yours setup. Thanks.

As far as I can tell the Digital AGC on my 436 does nothing.

FYI: I have a GRE PSR-500 and the AGC on Digital and Analog works as advertised.

It's a Uniden issue. It was one of the first things I ran into when I first received my 436. I found for lack of a better term a work around that makes it tolerable when I'm at home. I bought a cheap $7 pc speaker set. I plug the (powered) speaker into the earphone jack, turn the 436 volume down to 2 or 3. I adjust the volume on the external speaker. The combination of a 3.5 x 1.5" oval speaker with it's 3 watt amp for what ever reason levels out the sound and actually improves the overall audio. Doesn't sound as muffled/bassy.

budevans

That won't work for me because on the same channel the dispatcher volume is is very low and the cars are really loud. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Would that happen to be the County Sheriffs dispatch? That's where I really noticed it. So I use my GRE PSR-500 to monitor the Sheriff.

Herodog

I would have to agree 436/536 has the worst audio than any scanner I ever owned I thought about trying to run it threw a eqlaaser I had to use external amplified speakers also its like to much bass . Get a person with deep voice so muffled can't understand a word.

an39511

Would that happen to be the County Sheriffs dispatch? That's where I really noticed it. So I use my GRE PSR-500 to monitor the Sheriff.

Yes.

Also Parma has some problems with volume as well. I wish Uniden would make the thing work. How hard can it be?

budevans

Yes.

Also Parma has some problems with volume as well. I wish Uniden would make the thing work. How hard can it be?

That's a question only Uniden can answer. They have a whole laundry list of things to fix. That fix list is something that Uniden is prioritizing.

The only thing that we as users can do, is to try to keep it on Uniden's radar.

Regarding Parma, I had forgotten about them. I just got my 436 back from Uniden repair this evening. They fixed the Clock battery issue and the dim LED backlight issue. My scanner was gone just 1 day short of 5 weeks. The good news is the display is considerably brighter and much easier to read.

So I can attest that Uniden is making progress on resolving issues.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.