bcd 436 pre release firmware bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cappy400

hello, i have the bcd 436, provoice upgrade paid for, installed, dmr upgrade paid for and installed. in my area, i live i have 2 different systems, Harrisonburg/Rockingham county va, is about 15 miles away is provoice, Staunton va is 1 mile away is dmr. all day yesterday i listened to hburg/rockingham county all day and all evening with no problems. at about 2130 i installed the much anticipated dmr firmware update. after that upgrade i noticed my provoice harrisonburg/rockingham county unit id numbers had changed. it only affected certain agencies within the system. nothing else was out of the ordinary. all talkgroups were were fine and working, the lcn order is still correct. Only certain agencies within the system unit id numbers were different. they went from a 5 digit number to a 6 digit number. very confusing.
with another member on here i contacted him, we live 10 miles from each other, he has the same bcd436, has the provoice upgrade, but he DID NOT install the new upgrade, he told me he is listening to the same provoice system has i have been and he has seen no changes. we was listening at the same time, he was getting 5 digit unit id numbers and he was getting 6 digit numbers.
Can someone help me out? i know it sounds crazy but this is truly what is happening. i found it hard to believe on a holiday weekend they would start to change things on a radio system, and i get one thing after an upgrade, but someone else with no upgrade gets something different.
I am not complaining, thank you uniden for your hard work, just would like to figure this out.Other than the upgrade install i did nothing to the scanner except put the new dmr system (staunton) on the scanner.
Ihope someone with knowledge will read this long post and help me out. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.