Bcd 436hp Clipped Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerjunkie

Ok so i thought i had solved the problem with the clipped audio but it seems to still be happening. UPMAN maybe you could help me shed some light on this. im listening to a 700 mhz p25 phase 1 simulcast trunked system and every third or fourth conversation the first second or so of audio is not coming in. so instead of hearing "car 436 10-4" i just hear 4. i have other p25 scanners that don't have this problem. i tried darn near every trick in the book and still no luck. i even had a forum member send his 436 files (Thank you by the way) to compare with and it still was acting up. this is more noticed during rapid back and fourth conversations. again i tried threshold settings squelch settings antennas nfm to fm moving scanner around and also using the current beta firmware. any help would be great. thanks.

Drumbum

We have an 800 mhz P25P1 simulcast here, I made it a little better by using my worst antenna,, still has problems when it can catch other repeaters also like at the top of a hill or high ground, that is all I've been able to do so far

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

KI4SXZ

Don't want to sound like an ### here. But are you using another radio to compare. Sometimes us users get a little lazy with the mic, especially with the acknowledgement transmissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
What happens if you take the "difficulty" scanner close to one of the simulcast sites? Does that seem to clear up the audio? If so it could be a simulcast distortion issue.

I've gotten some improvement with the threshold settings, though not perfect, especially when compared to a "system" radio.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If you happen to be listening to Site 102 on the Starcom system (Control Channel 774.34375), it has been sounding choppy here too on my 536 (Fixed location west of Midway Airport), but the 436 sounds like a commercial radio when I take it away from here. It could be system issue. I use the same Site/System for the IDOT too. The only that makes it bearable to listen to is the Atteunator. I know UPMan released the beta version publicly today, so make sure that's in too.

FuzzyTexan

If you happen to be listening to Site 102 on the Starcom system (Control Channel 774.34375), it has been sounding choppy here too on my 536 (Fixed location west of Midway Airport), but the 436 sounds like a commercial radio when I take it away from here. It could be system issue. I use the same Site/System for the IDOT too. The only that makes it bearable to listen to is the Atteunator. I know UPMan released the beta version publicly today, so make sure that's in too.

Where are the beta versions located?

FuzzyTexan

Thank you!! Sorry I should have checked there, I was reading somewhere about yahoo and was confused.

FuzzyTexan

I was experiencing the OPs issue as well if clipped audio so I have been watching this thread.

FuzzyTexan

I wonder if sentenal will let you update the firmware if the beta version of the update is present in scanner already?

I would think so, probably doesn't have the exact file name.

It may be premature but I feel like this has helped the clipped audio. Been sitting in my office all day seeing that issue and just updated with scanner sitting in the same spot and I feel like I am hearing all the conversations on P25.

scannerjunkie

I have the beta version now in my 436 and it did help a lot in other areas but still getting the clipped audio. Will try and update thru sentinel and see what differences their are from the beta version vs public release version.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
.31 is .31 it's just been reclassified as an official release rather than a beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.