BCD 436hp lost in space! Import frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Ive had Uniden in the past now Whistler. Bought this BCD older model but works nice and to be honest Im lost. I have saved mu Uniden files from a base I sold recently that I used with Proscan which I have now. I tried Sentital and I dont like it. Question is how do I import my local conventional and trunked systems some that aren't in RR database into my BCD436? Proscan needs a certain text file but seriously frustrated to where I might break this. Thanks in advance

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Sounds simple enough, use ProScan... ;) Create a separate installation folder of ProScan if you'd feel safer. Not exactly sure what you are worried about breaking.
Im about to try it now. It was a bad joke wanted to break the radio out of frustration Ill keep you posted ty

phantomcrow

Retired LE
No dice unable to do it, Ill look at this later try to get my old database into this 436 is too difficult maybe Im getting rusty

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you update Sentinel, it probably will have more current info than what was in the old scanner.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
If you update Sentinel, it probably will have more current info than what was in the old scanner.
I have. However I have lots of frequencies that aren't in RR database so I need a way to add those custom items to the 436. I have them in an excel, text, pdf format

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Enter them in Sentinel. You can copy and paste rows and columns in Sentinel just like Excel when you open the favorite list editor.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Enter them in Sentinel. You can copy and paste rows and columns in Sentinel just like Excel when you open the favorite list editor.
I tried and pasted them they show up but they don't save so. Do I write them to scanner while that window is open?

phantomcrow

Retired LE
I cannot get it working neither sentinel or proscan to add my freq to the new 436 ty anyways

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Are you putting 436 in "mass storage mode" before you write to it? If you describe what you are doing and what it's doing (or not doing), I am sure someone will be able to help.
Yes it is but Im not having any luck. Tried both programs nether are easy and neither are working for me maybe Im just getting older and confused

Ubbe

Can you do export from your Whistler program? Then use Excel or the free OpenOffice and import there and sort and copy and move columns and rows as you like and then save as a text file or csv or whatever ProScan are able to import.

Or you can copy directly from Excel/OpenOffice, first all the frequencies and then paste into Sentinels Frequency field and it will expand to the number of rows to match. Then do the same with the name tags.

You can probably use the same technique for talk groups, and you can probably paste directly into ProScan as well as in Sentinel.

/Ubbe

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I cannot get it working neither sentinel or proscan to add my freq to the new 436 ty anyways
Where are you in the process? Is the scanner in Mass Storage mode indicated by the display showing "USB Mass Storage"
If using ProScan, do you have the Favorites Editor opened?

fantasma25

See if this link will help you.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
I am in the USB Mass Storage mode now but what ive read its very difficult to add multiple frequencies at once to the 436

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I am in the USB Mass Storage mode now but what ive read its very difficult to add multiple frequencies at once to the 436
That's not true. If you arrange the columns to match the layout in Sentinel, you can copy and paste from Excel to Sentinel.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
That's not true. If you arrange the columns to match the layout in Sentinel, you can copy and paste from Excel to Sentinel.
It is true for me cant seem to get it done ty anyways Ill try to work on it, I have 1007 frequncies how do i paste all them at once?

Attachments

• 2020-07-29_113308.jpg
    2020-07-29_113308.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2020-07-29_115002.jpg
    2020-07-29_115002.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There is no "it's true for me."

You're looking at departments. Click on a department on the left, and then you can paste frequencies into the department. There are a bunch of youtube videos explaining the process if you do a bit of searching. Here's one:

phantomcrow

Retired LE
I have tried to do a batch transfer it appears that you can only do 1 frequncy at a time? Or keep hitting the plus sign but in my case, thats over a thousand times. I just want ti import my list at once Ill continue to look into it

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.