BCD 536 and W.VA Sirn

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
HI,I just upgraded to a 536HP and trying to monitor the W.Va sirn statewide system..Well i am having no luck..When i am using the main RR database it should follow this system without any changes correct?I did a rf power plot on the site that i am trying to listen to and i get a very good signal.The control channel will show data on the screen for a few seconds and then it just moves on..I have yet to see any activity.What am i missing?Thanks

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Hey there... I have a 436, but the programming should be the same. What are you using to program it? Sentinel or something else like ARC536? Have you checked the easy stuff like System type--mine is on P25 Trunk with Sentinel / P25 Standard with ARC536. Which sites are you trying to hear?

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
The ones in wayne county missouri branch site..The control channel comes in very good tested it on the rf plot but have yet to hear anything..Data will show up but it just moves on after a few seconds..my settings look the same as yours..Does your 436 do a good job with this system?

Last edited:

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
You've probably checked all this, but just covering what I'd be checking:
1. Check to see the site isn't set to Avoid
2. Attenuation off
3. Do you have the correct quick key selected? Assuming you set it up like that... Cannot tell you how many times I've had the wrong quick key selected.
4. Digital threshold settings (I use Auto for mode and 8 for level)
Did you do a fresh update in the Sentinel software?

Hope it's just a simple setting... also, did you try listening to a neighboring site? If Wayne is anything like Hampshire County--it could be a while waiting to hear something on a rainy Thursday night.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
Yes it all looks good but i dont quite understand the quick keys they are set to zero on my fav list,I just assumed that it would still track ok but i am a newbie at this type of scanning a am used to the format of the 996t etc..I updated the database as well and that is the only site i can pick up i am across the river from it in KY.Thanks for trying to help

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
The quick key doesn't really matter, as long as you have Wayne County site and the talkgroups in your favorites list--you need to have both in there--should looks something like this--pls ignore my other stuff--just did this really quick:

861225ed98d58.jpg

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
Sorry... sent the same image twice... I also meant to show that you also need to have the Monitor Favorite set to on--like this:

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
Ok thank you i will try this..Strange..when i try to set it to monitor fav list it is greyed out won't let me turn it on...Also when i click show band plan it's all zero's ?

Last edited:

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Maybe there is just very little traffic on that site in particular. I'm near the farthest north site and some days see no traffic at all as the local county isn't on it.

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
How about trying this file out? It's just basic Wayne County SIRN talkgroups and Missouri Branch site. Hope this works for you.

Attachments

• f_000004.zip
    570 bytes · Views: 5

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Check which service types have been made active.

One thing that is a disconnect for me in what you posted, you mention W.Va. then you are talking about Wayne County Missouri. Where are you (or where is the scanner), and what are you trying to monitor?

lebrunmn

Premium Subscriber
One thing that is a disconnect for me in what you posted, you mention W.Va. then you are talking about Wayne County Missouri. Where are you (or where is the scanner), and what are you trying to monitor?

As you've probably already discovered, there's also a Wayne County in WV, which coincidentally has a creek called the Missouri Branch which is where the WV SIRN site gets its name. A little like Paris, Maine--which is a million times nicer than Paris, France. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.