Bcd 536 getting returned from uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKY1

Hello iam getting my 536 returned from uniden , I had one of the first ones out the door. First couple hundred , it will be a refurb with a new sd card. ( iam guessing ) iam not sure what software will be in it cause the receiver is is transit should I do update when I get back ? If the old version is in there I still had p25 issues with nyseg , the only system that sometimes would here things and sometimes you hear nothing at all , it did seam to work more consistent when I did location search with the database on . When scanning my FL From RR I had min transmissions, before this new update , the rest of the receiver had worked ok for me !! That was the old 536 ,, should I use the new one out now ??

Last edited:

STICKY1

Another thing I have a extra sd card I bought and transferred the main files for the receiver on it and a fav list on it , with the old software on it , wondering if this will still work in 536 ?

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I would run a quick test when you receive the new unit running the software that is on the unit. See if you still have the issues you had before. Make sure to write down the software number it has when you run this first test. Then update the unit to the new firmware and run another test. Compare the differences if any and post them in the forums.

In the end YES you want the new software on the scanner. Make sure to update your database also

As for the SD card, you might want to (after running the update) open the software, read from scanner and then select save. Make your changes (on both cards) and select save once again before writing to the scanner.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I asked in another post what steps need to be taken after receiving a replacement scanner. Upman said to update the firmware, update the master database and then re-load my "stuff" (profile and Favorites Lists). Uniden was not going to update the firmware as part of the re-work as the firmware was issued in mid stream of the re-work process and given the ease of doing so by the user.

I'm sure one would want to also review the time and date settings and the location (as in zip code), to see if changes are needed.

STICKY1

Wondering if I tried the extra sd I have with the old software and just pop it in ,not sure what would happen but don't want to break things either !

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Nothing bad is going to happen.

Some people like to actually tinker with their toys and others do not.

Yes, UPman said to update the scanner when they return to you.

NO, it will not hurt anything to open the box when you get it and plug it in and play.

You can take it out out of the box see what software is on the scanner from Uniden and test the system you are listening to and had some issues with. EVEN if you had better results with it not having the current firmware you would need to update it. There are things that Uniden has done to "tweak" the system.

So, feel free to tinker with your scanner as you see fit. Play with the old card and see whatever it is you might be looking for. BUT, in the end when all done playing UPDATE to the current software that came out last Friday.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
When I first got the BCD536HP I couldn't get my FL work right so I had someone help me and it was confusing for a bit but where now I have tons of systems/departments. I'm going to pick up (2) 8 gig cards so I can have them for back up if I update one card I can slide that one in and take the other one and update it til next time.

STICKY1

Yes iam gonna give the old one a try see what happens then maybe update later gotta tinker with it a little but for going to walmart and getting a sd same as what's in there for 9 bucks. That's not bad !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.