BCD 536hp custom search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Please pardon my ignorance regarding Uniden products. In 40 years of scanning I have never owned a Uniden unit, but I am certainly considering making a switch. As far as I can tell from reading, a Uniden Custom or Quick search would be equivalent to any Realistic/GRE/Whistler set 'Limit' search. Now on the 536hp, in a quick search mode, will a brand new 536hp unit, off of the shelf, support receiving both Phase 2 T.D.M.A and X2 T.D.M.A. without having to download additional software? I believe that had been the case with the PSR-800's, although I never had one. I am not referring to anything to do with the software for updating R.R. files by zip code. Thanks for any input

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP Custom Search

Please pardon my ignorance regarding Uniden products. In 40 years of scanning I have never owned a Uniden unit, but I am certainly considering making a switch. As far as I can tell from reading, a Uniden Custom or Quick search would be equivalent to any Realistic/GRE/Whistler set 'Limit' search. Now on the 536hp, in a quick search mode, will a brand new 536hp unit, off of the shelf, support receiving both Phase 2 T.D.M.A and X2 T.D.M.A. without having to download additional software? I believe that had been the case with the PSR-800's, although I never had one. I am not referring to anything to do with the software for updating R.R. files by zip code. Thanks for any input

You can create any search you would like in the custom search option, just like the limit search in other scanners.

Yes, the Uniden BCD536HP / BCD436HP receives both P25 Phase 2 and X2 TDMA, off the shelf, brand new without any additional software.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP Custom Search

Thanks, I appreciate your time..

Your welcome.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.