BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD 996p2 losing control channel

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
My bad, I downloaded the system into my sds200 Proscan. What options show on the right when you click one up from where you clicked on the left? The one above the selected one in blue?

W2IRT

1680709560740.png

I don't know if there's an option to support the NAC value in the 996p2. I imported the same system and site as a new system and no NAC data was downloaded.

W2IRT

What does having a NAC code mean to a scanner user? I was just under the impression it was just the system ID that the radio shop used to program new units.

W2IRT

Interesting. But that said, a) where/how would you enter it with ProScan--I don't see any place to add it--and b) would it really offer any benefit? I'm not having any interference issues nor is the squelch opening on the system randomly.

W2IRT

Initially they were programmed with Freescan, but I have it opened in ProScan at the moment. When I got my 996xt all I had was Freescan, and it worked well enough. I didn't buy ProScan until I bought my SDS100 two years ago. For TG changes I still use Freescan since it's a bit easier to work in.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
So the xt was only programmed with freescan? I noticed in the p2 programming that cc only was checked and greyed out. Is that the same with the xt programming?

W2IRT

At the moment My 996XT is only used for analog FD toneout standby and occasionally the next county's Phase-1 trunked system. The main statewide system (NJICS) is 100% phase-II now so the XT is of no use on it.

My 996p2, the radio with the problem that started the thread, was programmed most recently in ProScan, but I will still use Freescan to add or remove a TG.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Next time it happens and you manually scroll to the channel showing signal and tg's, can you verify its one of the 4 listed in red in the database?

W2IRT

I can verify that now. It's the first thing I look for when the CC dropouts happen. I don't think it's ever changed from 774.78125 since I started monitoring.