BCD-996XT P25 Adjust Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieKe

I know this setting has been addressed repeatedly on the forums but I have not seen any suggestions for the state DTRS system since the 996XT 1.06 firmware update. Has anyone found a more optimal setting for the DTRS system than the recommended setting of 11? I don't know if the optimal setting will vary from one site to another but I would hope not.

soundchaser

I think you're better off experimenting with it yourself. It's really hard to say whether location and antenna have any effect. In other words, my settings may not be ideal for you.

Up here in the mountains where there is a lot of multipath interference, I have found 2 settings that seem to work well with DTRS:

Mode = 8, Level doesn't matter
Mode = 11, Level = 120

When monitoring Xcel Energy on their P25 system, it seems to work a little better on 11/120 as opposed to Mode 8, so I'll probably leave it on 11/120 so that both systems work without having to go in and adjust it.

Overall there seems to be a good improvement in decode errors. I've read that the new firmware helps with simulcast sites. Someone should test it with the Adams County sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.