BCD396XT/BCD996XT: BCD 996XT rear port

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
This is a 1st for me. I got a 2nd albeit used 996XT and it puzzles me. First issue, Programming software (ARC XT) couldn't find the scanner on the rear port. Never had that with the other bought NEW 996XT. Note: Proscan could see and use the scanner on the rear port.

Second Issue, When uploading or Downloading to or from the scanner with Proscan the memory used displayed something like 42256% that included something like 42,540 systems. Note the scanner only scanned or displayed what was programmed.

I manually deleted everything programmed and the memory remained at about the same usage. I had to 2,9,HOLD at power on to clear that. I will have to take my feed down to check and see if ATC XT can program it using the rear port. I have never had that issue and it seems like if it was like that it would have come up beforehand. It may just be a quirk with this different scanner. Not a big deal I can always use the front port.

This wasn't and issue with Baud Rate or Com Port as they worked fine with Proscan. Only ARC XT couldn't see the scanner on the rear port. That scanner is currently streaming Scanner-over-IP with proscan at Evansville-Scanner.noip.me port 5000.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
As a side note I tried ARC XT with the other BCD 996XT albeit on another computer and the rear port worked fine with ARC XT. That FEED computer is WIN XP with a Serial RS 232 port on the Computer where as the other is a WIN 7 64 bit w/o a serial using a USB to RS 232 Serial cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.