Bcd 996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I was wondering if there is any way to get the 996XT to display FREQ and TALK Group at the same time like the 996T does? So far, it appears like you can set to display either one or the other but not BOTH. Oh and I guess the other option is the TRUNK system display with the little bars showing busy talkgroups.

KC9LVX Evansville, IN Feed

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
So I take it since you repeated the same info I put in the question that the answer is NO you can only display one or the other.

And you will get alot father around here if you will drop the attitude.
Actually you can display both the TG and frequency if you decide to
not alpha-tag the TG in display mode 1 OR add the TGID to the Alphatag.
The choice is yours.
Marshall KE4ZNR

eaf1956

Feed Provider
And you will get alot father around here if you will drop the attitude.
Actually you can display both the TG and frequency if you decide to
not alpha-tag the TG in display mode 1 OR add the TGID to the Alphatag.
The choice is yours.
Marshall KE4ZNR

OK to clarify this I wanted to have the 996XT display the same as the 996T since they are set up with the same programming. The 996T displays FREQ w TG while the 996XT will only display FREQ in mode 1 or TG in Mode 2 (As it is currently set up) Since I only borrowed this scanner and I only have the scanner and the power adapter, I thought I would ask. One thing I have noticed is the XT no longer has a DATA SKIP function. Thanks for the help!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
OK to clarify this I wanted to have the 996XT display the same as the 996T since they are set up with the same programming.

Not gonna happen. They are 2 different radios.

The 996T displays FREQ w TG while the 996XT will only display FREQ in mode 1 or TG in Mode 2 (As it is currently set up) Since I only borrowed this scanner and I only have the scanner and the power adapter, I thought I would ask.

And you have an answer :)
Either don't alphatag the ID (which gives you the ID+Freq) or include the TGID number in part of the alphatag (which again will give you the ID+Freq).

Considering that actual frequencies mean very little when it comes to monitoring trunked systems, in the 996XT the effort was put into displaying the TGID and the UID (RID).

One thing I have noticed is the XT no longer has a DATA SKIP function. Thanks for the help!

Yep. It was a feature that had it's time but was deemed to be no longer
needed in the XT line of radios.
Glad we could help you out and happy monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.