bcd15 how to turn off service search

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouellette

Premium Subscriber
My question is in regards to turning off the service search on my bcd15. While scanning the different groups within the one system that I have programmed in my scanner, the "public service" search keeps popping up. I have just purchased this scanner, and can't figure out how to turn this search function OFF. Thank You.
Mark

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
You may have the Service Search for Public Service (PS) set for Search with Scan. You need to go to Menu, Search For, and Edit Search. You will see PS in the list. Press PS and you will see that Search with Scan is an option. When you press Search with Scan, go to Set Lockout. By default that should be set to Lockout. If you purchased the scanner already used from somebody, this feature may have been already set, a QK assigned, and set to Unlocked. If no QK is assigned, the scanner will still search through PS when your scanning unless it is set to Lockout. This is true for any Search or Custom Search.
That should I see this is your first post to Radio Reference. The BCT15X is a good scanner but can be complicated when first learning to use.
There is an Easy to Read Manual for the BCT15X at the website below. I suggest that you use this as a reference.

Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

mouellette

Premium Subscriber
THANKS Steve! That did the trick. I did go to the easier to read manual but could not seem to find the answer. I really appreciate your clear and concise instructions. I have been trying for months to solve this problem, and was at the point where I was ready to do a factory reset on this unit, but figured I would give radio reference a try. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.