BCD15X Undefined Group Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

w5dmt

Premium Subscriber
On my pro 95/106, etc I know how to lockout unprogrammed talk groups with that software. But on the Butel Arc XT, I can't seem to find the option that allows me to block any of the talk groups I don't have specifically defined.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? (I monitor police, but don't want to listen to the cities park workers or maintenance folks as an example.)

Thanks,
Dave, W5DMT

kilowa22

On my pro 95/106, etc I know how to lockout unprogrammed talk groups with that software. But on the Butel Arc XT, I can't seem to find the option that allows me to block any of the talk groups I don't have specifically defined.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? (I monitor police, but don't want to listen to the cities park workers or maintenance folks as an example.)

Thanks,
Dave, W5DMT

You need to set that trunked radio system in ID Scan Mode.
Navigate to the System using
Depress Func/scroll knob > Turn Scroll Knob to system
While Reverse F icon is displayed press Menu key
Edit Sys Option > ID Scan/Search > ID Scan > Eyes

Most software allows you the option to set ID scan mode while programming, but I am not familiar with ARC XT.

w5dmt

Premium Subscriber
Just out of curiousity, what software are you using instead of ARC XT? I may want to investigate.

rvictor

Just out of curiousity, what software are you using instead of ARC XT? I may want to investigate.

To lock out unprogrammed talkgroups for a particular system, set that system to ID Scan rather than ID Search. You can set the initial state for each system in ARC-XT as well as in ProScan and FreeScan. In ARC-XT it's on the Trunk System Parameters tab for each of your trunked systems. You can also easily change it on the fly from the keyboard with FUNC + SCAN while scanning the system that you want to change.

Another approach is to put the talkgroups into separate groups so that you can activate and deactivate each group as desired using the scanner's quick key function.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.