BCD296D Motorola Phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffycc

How do you program a motorla P25 Phase 1 system into a BCD296D utilizing ARC250 software?

Thanks!
Jeff

jeffycc

I have the cable. I've tried all different ways under the Trunk Settings, but can't figure it out.

Thanks!
Jeff

jeffycc

Transferring is no issue, just can't hear anything.

What system do I need to choose under trunk settings?

tvengr

Well Known Member
The trunk type is Motorola Type 2 - 800 MHz. You only need the red control channel and 3 blue alternate frequencies. Turn Trunk On for each of the frequencies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
blackbelter makes a good point. The latest firmware is BC296D_V3_60.scn. My BC796D's, the desktop/mobile version of your scanner, work fine on rebanded P25 systems without a custom bandplan. Hold in the 2, 4, and 9 buttons when turning on the scanner to check the firmware version. I have the firmware and updater if you need it.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The system is not flagged for rebanding in the database; it is a Phase 1 system in any case. Certainly having the latest firmware is a good idea.

Jeff, I see you are a premium subscriber - I would just let ARC250 do the downloading. If you still can't hear anything, try stepping thru the frequencies yourself. If you are not hearing a loud motorboating sound (that's the control channel), then you won't be able to trunktrack. In this case, you may be too far away to hear it (a better antenna may solve that issue) or the system has been shut down and no one has reported it yet. Just for winks and grins, did you check the system entry at Scan New England? Mike

tvengr

Well Known Member
Give this file a try. City of Nashua in Bank #1. List tags as follows:
1. Nashua Interop
2. Nashua Fire
3. Nashua Fire
4. Nashua Police
5. Nashua Emerg Ops
Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC250 and Send Data to Scanner.

Attachments

• Nashua NH.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.