BCD296XT with FREESCAN and PROLIFIC Serial adapter Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinrenz

I cannot seem to get freescan to connect. I installed a serial port on my PC and that works fine, but I want to run it off my laptop with the USB to serial adapter and cant seem to get it to work. The baud rates are all the same. I tried different rates, tried different ports. I downloaded and used the Prolific Drivers from the freescan website. My laptop recognizes the adapter on COM 8 so I double checked all the settings are the same. Anybody have any ideas/ tips?

cpuerror

Have you setup the COM port in the FreeSCAN com port setup screen? Some people get mixed up and set it up in Device Manager. Also make sure that you don't have an exclamation mark next to the COM port icon in Device Manager.

cpuerror

You aren't using any adapters though between the USB adapter and the serial cable that came with the scanner right?

If the drivers are working, right com port selected, port speed is set the same in FreeSCAN and your scanner, then it should work. The only other thing I can think of is that you have the cable plugged into the scanner backwards.

dustinrenz

When i test my COM port for my scanner via freescan it says that freescan has found my scanner and is ready to operate with it. Type of scanner found: <- its blank there. When I queue my systems list it says no systems can be found in scanner (my scanner has about 8 systems programmed and working on it). And in the same window it says Error, COM port could not be opened.

Oldglide

It could be this simple

First, I use the "Cables To Go" USB to serial converter with the prolific drivers on my 246T, 396T with XP, worked perfect the first time and ever since. Not to get into why but hit the menu button and scroll to PC Control to make sure it's on, make sure you set the same baud rate for PC and scanner and try again.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Not all USB/Serial adaptors work, unfortunately. Sounds like yours is one of the ones that don't. I have one like that, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.