BCD325P2 and NXDN programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1robins

Premium Subscriber
Can any one point me in the right direction in looking for any publications on NXDN setup on the BCD325P2 the manual does not reference any? Our local PD uses this and I have the key upgrade installed.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can any one point me in the right direction in looking for any publications on NXDN setup on the BCD325P2 the manual does not reference any? Our local PD uses this and I have the key upgrade installed.
Are you using software? If so, which program?

ProScan, as well as ARC-XT, support programming NXDN for your 325P2. While basic conventional frequencies, analog as well as P25 trunked systems, can be programmed in your scanner via FreeSCAN, FreeSCAN does not correctly support DMR programming, and cannot be used at all for NXDN.

If using ProScan or ARC-XT, you can directly import your city's system into the software, as I see you are a Premium Subscriber.

This can be done directly via the keypad, but with the various pieces of information that need to be entered, that would be a very tedious process. Besides being much faster, software allows you to see most all of the information needed and entered at one time, making it much easier to spot and correct any errors or omissions. Both programs have a 30 day free trial, so you could try either or both, and decide if you wanted to purchase a license for the product.

r1robins

Premium Subscriber
Are you using software? If so, which program?

ProScan, as well as ARC-XT, support programming NXDN for your 325P2. While basic conventional frequencies, analog as well as P25 trunked systems, can be programmed in your scanner via FreeSCAN, FreeSCAN does not correctly support DMR programming, and cannot be used at all for NXDN.

If using ProScan or ARC-XT, you can directly import your city's system into the software, as I see you are a Premium Subscriber.

This can be done directly via the keypad, but with the various pieces of information that need to be entered, that would be a very tedious process. Besides being much faster, software allows you to see most all of the information needed and entered at one time, making it much easier to spot and correct any errors or omissions. Both programs have a 30 day free trial, so you could try either or both, and decide if you wanted to purchase a license for the product.
Thank you for the response, looking at the ProScan software and as you said it supports the NXDN. I believe after buying the license Proscan would probably have some support in asking questions or good help files.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's been practically nothing come out of Uniden on this subject, and it hasn't been widely discussed here, either. But we do have the original announcement, and there may be some tips to be found there

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Proscan support can be found here...

Mike

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Also if you are setting up a NXDN system on the bcd325P2 I'd recommend making sure u know the LCN's on the system u are programming, as it is crucial in order to follow that system properly, that scanner will not preprogram the LCN's for u , you must know those beforehand or use dsdplus or a different scanner to analyze the system to determine what the LCN's are...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Also if you are setting up a NXDN system on the bcd325P2 I'd recommend making sure u know the LCN's on the system u are programming, as it is crucial in order to follow that system properly, that scanner will not preprogram the LCN's for u , you must know those beforehand or use dsdplus or a different scanner to analyze the system to determine what the LCN's are...
Fortunately for the OP, the Enid system is in the database, with talkgroups and Channel IDs in place.

Garfield County also has several NXDN conventional channels
DMR & NXDN are also used in some of the immediately adjacent counties.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's not immediately obvious where the channel IDs can be found. Click on the site name (Enid) then go down to the very bottom and look left.

By the way, for those SWBC folks on here, yes, that's Glenn Hauser's home....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.