BCD325P2 / BCD996P2 Update 1.07.09

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeDawg

Had forgotten that was the way with the 325. Was thinking a .bin file like the x36 series.

Found my 15X had an update available as well.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
This is not a conventional search, it is a control channel only search in the 800Mhz band.

So not sure the difference between programming a site with the control channel vs doing a control channel only search if both modes track trunk the system and show the talk groups?

Like i mentioned, it finds the control channel, and trunk tracks the system properly, so the band plan must
be correct. It just won't decode the voice data.

Would love to speak to a Uniden Engineer about this...

Your thoughts?

Do you have decoded control channel data on that site (via UniTrunker for instance)? I suspect your issue is the same as the issue I found regarding lack of complete band plan customization for systems that do not transmit one.

milcom_chaser

Do you have decoded control channel data on that site (via UniTrunker for instance)? I suspect your issue is the same as the issue I found regarding lack of complete band plan customization for systems that do not transmit one.

Yes, I have decoded control channel data for the site, and here's the band plan:

Attachments

• Band Plan.jpg
    Band Plan.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,802
Last edited:
Bcd996p2 & dmr

Hi Paul,
It seems that tracking this site is impossible. The audio only last a second in the duration for 1 second and the log with zero time actually last for a few seconds. It appears to be large digit TG's are what is the common. This particular site has a TG that are 7 digits long . Smaller digit TG's track fine. I have this in my data and check every so often with the same result. I updated the newest Firmware and was hoping to solve the problem. Here is a screen shot of a recent log after the new firmware update.

Could it be a setting I'm missing?

Thanks for your help!

Brian

Last edited:

SQP

Senior Member OMIK
Premium Subscriber
Am I missing something on my 996P2?? No display of TGIDs or slots on dmr SEARCH.......or is it possible? What to do???? Thanks.

Last edited:

NS2F2018

Tank you for the updated especially to save P25 Threshold setting and fixing the DMR Slot display.

kc9neq

Premium Subscriber
Does this update save the p25 threshold setting for the whole radio or just a system in the 996p2.
I am having problems setting the p25 threshold setting for a system.
I followed the wiki p25 audio decode instructions but it seems to set the p25 threshold settings for the whole radio not the system I am having problems with.
Thanks..

a29zuk

Does this update save the p25 threshold setting for the whole radio or just a system in the 996p2.
I am having problems setting the p25 threshold setting for a system.
I followed the wiki p25 audio decode instructions but it seems to set the p25 threshold settings for the whole radio not the system I am having problems with.
Thanks..

It's a global setting, otherwise it would be set in a site menu.

Jim

roccus

Firmware Upgrade 996P2

Looks like Firmware thread is closed so ill ask here... I am trying to update firmware in my new scanner it now has version 1.60. I have downloaded the firmware installer BC VUP but when I try to run it I get a pop up "Internet Access Failed" what is up with that? My computer is connected to the internet as you can see I can post here....

Also I see there are quite a few updates since 1.60, will I need to do each one individually up to the last and newest version?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Looks like Firmware thread is closed so ill ask here... I am trying to update firmware in my new scanner it now has version 1.60. I have downloaded the firmware installer BC VUP but when I try to run it I get a pop up "Internet Access Failed" what is up with that? My computer is connected to the internet as you can see I can post here....

Also I see there are quite a few updates since 1.60, will I need to do each one individually up to the last and newest version?

only one update to 1.07.09 for the 996P2

roccus

Which version BC VUP? Are there any options on the popup?

version 3.03.. I click on properties but do not see anything related to it connecting to internet.. btw I am on windows 8.1 Keep getting prompt "Internet connection failed The operation has timed out"

Last edited:

baayers

Thanks so any idea why BC VUP3 does not see the computer is connected to the internet?? Seems it has to be to do the update...

Try disabling your anti-virus. In my case I found that Bitdefender was blocking the app from accessing the web. Once disabled the update for me went smoothly.

roccus

version 3.03.. I click on properties but do not see anything related to it connecting to internet.. btw I am on windows 8.1 Keep getting prompt "Internet connection failed The operation has timed out"
Just tried some other things to see if I could get VC BUP to run...
Uninstall/Reinstall
Tried to run it with scanner turned off
Tried to run it with no other apps running on computer
Every now and then when I try to run it I get another error message... "Internet access failed. The remote server returned an error: 125 data connection already open; transfer starting"
At one attempt to open it did actually open and it got the set the comm screen then it just froze up I had to use task manager to close it...

Status
Not open for further replies.