bcd325P2 changing Discription

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQWD609

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone ran across this yet? On my new 325p2 when i upload the trunked freqs for the two local countys on Freescan everything works great except the primary control channel, the alt and all the other frequencies for the county only show the channel ID when Being scanned. I cant find anywhere to change the ID For those frequencies in the program. Also i've noticed that when scanning the two countys a few times ive seen calls go into the wrong county I'm talking about are St.clair County and Macomb County MI. Hopefully this makes sense. I'm New to the digital scene my last scanner was a bcd75xlt.

n4yek

I don't own a 325P2 so I can't help you there, sorry.

According the the Radio Reference database, both counties are using the Michigan's Public Safety Communication System. Being two neighboring counties are using the system, each radio will affiliate itself with the tower that gives it the best operation.
If that tower is located in the next county over, the radio will use it if it gets better reception and since the radio is used by a certain county, it will route that communication to the appropriate dispatcher.

If you have labeled your sites according to which county they are located in, then this might get confusing if you see a Macomb County Sheriff talkgroup show up on a St. Clair county tower site.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Talkgroups are not necessarily linked to a particular tower. They can be, but they can be carried by any tower that has a user for that talkgroup affiliated to the tower. They can also be carried by all towers in the system. You can't assume much about a talkgroup from the tower(s) carrying it.

a29zuk

The MPSCS is a trunked system. The control channel will assign the next available frequency in the system to the next user, so the frequency is not a constant as in a conventional system.
Generally speaking, throughout the state on the MPSCS, the main dispatch ID's from neighboring counties are broadcast on the local county system. i.e. The main police, fire, EMS dispatch ID's for Shiawassee Co, Saginaw Co, Lapeer Co. etc. are affiliated to the Genesee Co simulcast system. And as others have mentioned, if a squad car ventures out of its local county it will affiliate itself to the nearest tower in another county.

Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.