BCD325P2 display bottom two lines

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
The bottom two lines on a BCD325P2;

One line starts with S0 and the other with GRP… I know GRP Stands for Groups but am wondering about the S0. I also know this question has been answered recently. sorry, but I did a search but didn’t see it. Using FreeScan, I assigned QK’s to each system and see all the conventional systems “tagged” with a QK but not the trunked systems… even when I assign each site within the same system the same QK. I am afraid I’m trying to assign each trunked system to a “bank”, thinking it’s the same process as a BCD396XT and I’ve learned the 325 doesn’t use “banks”. So, where is my thinking wrong?

(The FreeScan program was kind of hit or miss also. When I saved these QK settings they weren’t there when I checked if the program got edited properly… with both conventional AND trunked. So I used BUTEL ARC PRO. But that program failed to allow editing the trunked system’s QK when I assigned them, the conventional systems were ok.)

My intent is to edit the programming for a friend who lives in Fl while I live in Ct., using FreeScan and exporting the .CSV file to him. But I’m having trouble getting the .CSV file to export. Hoping I can get some help with that also.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The bottom two lines on a BCD325P2;
Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys and will explain the bottom two lines of the scanner:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 37

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I know GRP Stands for Groups but am wondering about the S0.
SQK = System/Site/Search Quick Keys
On the DMA modes such as yours, conventional systems uses System Quick Keys and trunk systems uses Site Quick Keys.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Still having no luck exporting all systems. Freescan doesn’t tell you where the .CSV file goes or how to address where you want it to go. I pick email and get nothing. I try to copy and paste into a email and it doesn’t work at the other end.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I suspect PEBCAK.

Good luck.
Nope, when one doesn’t get the expected results they run the process again. If after several unsuccessful tries they still fail, they check for PEBCAK and have someone else run the process, preferably without any undo influences.

I haven’t checked for Excel extensions but since you brought it up, I don’t have Excel resident on my laptop. But I say this without checking. I upgraded to Win 11 from Win 10. I may have it or not-gotta check. I could have opted not to install if it was offerred at all.

My take on your help is that Freescan parks the .CSV file in Excel? And if I don’t have Excel Freescan never parked my .CSV anywhere?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
n1chu
In Freescan, when exporting CSV files, note the folder location and filename when the prompt appears asking for a folder and filename.

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Will do. Then what? When Freescan asks do I want to Export CSV” “All Systems”, and click save, what does Freescan do with that CSV file? Does Freescan need to see an email client? My laptop simply shows the Freescan program.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I noted the folders location and checked for the CSV file. It wasn’t there… is there some kind of rule that requires the program to show it in one place but it’s actually in another?

My laptop simply shows the Freescan program.
I got an idea. Since you can't figure out Freescan, why not try Bob's program, Proscan? @ProScan

It's free to try and works great on the 325P2

It's loaded with lots of features too!

That way, you can get your help with HIS program - from him?

Just a suggestion...

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I got an idea. Since you can't figure out Freescan, why not try Bob's program, Proscan? @ProScan

It's free to try and works great on the 325P2

It's loaded with lots of features too!

That way, you can get your help with HIS program - from him?

Just a suggestion...
That’s a great idea. With the 30 day trial period I might have better luck. I’m hesitant to try it because my friend is using Freescan. And Freescan has the ability to export .CSV files. I’ve also noticed PROSCAN has posted a few replies and suggestions, which leads me to believe it’s probably my laptop. It is Win 11 but I don’t see Excel. Personally, I use Butel ARC PRO. And my next move is to see how far I can get with that program.

Thanks all for the input. It’s all good. I believe my issue lies more with the ability to use a file transfer protocol than the software.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Personally, I use Butel ARC PRO.
I use ARC-XT also. If you attach your programming files, I can take a look at them. What is the city and county of your friend in Florida and which agencies does he or she want to monitor? I also have FreeSCAN and ProScan.

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I use ARC-XT also. If you attach your programming files, I can take a look at them. What is the city and county of your friend in Florida and which agencies does he or she want to monitor? I also have FreeSCAN and ProScan.
That’s great. Hopefully you can guide me thru this… but it seems I’d have to get the files moved to my iPhone so I can attach them to this thread. I’m presently trying to learn why I’m having a problem attaching them on my laptop. It is currently a case of logging into my Xfinity account email… I can try that later hopefully. But right now I’m fighting kidney stones, too big to pass. Laser surgery is scheduled for late this month. In the mean time I have god days and bad days. Can I get back to you when I am having a good day?