BCD325P2 DMR Upgrade Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
OK, I've registered my new 325P2 handheld, successfully paid the fee, received the email with my key. I'm trying to follow the instructions, which I've successfully done previously with other scanners, which tells me to go to MENU-SETTINGS-UPGRADE. My problem is that when I open SETTINGS, there is no choice for UPGRADE. It's simply nowhere in my scanner's menu.

Can anybody tell me what I'm overlooking, missing, or forgetting?

Metrofire31
Auburn-Opelika, AL
WREX563

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
OK, I've registered my new 325P2 handheld, successfully paid the fee, received the email with my key. I'm trying to follow the instructions, which I've successfully done previously with other scanners, which tells me to go to MENU-SETTINGS-UPGRADE. My problem is that when I open SETTINGS, there is no choice for UPGRADE. It's simply nowhere in my scanner's menu.

Can anybody tell me what I'm overlooking, missing, or forgetting?

Metrofire31
Auburn-Opelika, AL
WREX563
-
Be sure to check if you have the latest firmware in your scanner.

The current firmware version for the BCD325P2 is 1.09.12

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
I agree that you must have a very old version of firmware before the upgrades were available. The option still appears in my BCD325P2 even though I have all of the upgrades. If I select any of the 3 upgrades, I get a message that it has already been activated. Updating the firmware should solve the problem.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to you all. I recently purchased this particular 325P2 as a replacement for my previous scanner of the same model after that one died. The new scanner came with firmware version 1.06.00. I will upgrade right now!!

Metrofire31

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks to you all. I recently purchased this particular 325P2 as a replacement for my previous scanner of the same model after that one died. The new scanner came with firmware version 1.06.00. I will upgrade right now!!

Metrofire31
-
That would definitely be the issue, the upgrade capabilities were installed with firmware 1.07.06.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Please let us know the results. What exactly happened to your previous scanner?

My previous 325P2 scanner just stopped working following problems I was having with the BNC antenna post on the scanner. I tried to tighten it with the correct tools but I obviously wasn't correctly doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.